Namco Bandai Details Tales of Xillia 2's Promotional Plans
Tekken producer demands free Tales swimsuits.
Today's Bandai Namco Live broadcast offered official confirmation of the Tales of Xillia 2 release date that leaked out of Jump earlier in the day, along with details on Namco Bandai's promotional plans for the RPG sequel. Here's a recap of the event based off Game Jouhou's summary.
As reported earlier, Xillia 2 will be released on November 1. The game is priced ¥8,380.
Buyers will receive a short story book that connects Xillia 2 with its predecessor. This pre-order bonus has a product code which gives you three costumes, one of which makes main character Ludger dress like Tales of Symphonia's Emil. The bonus also includes a PS3 custom theme.
Enterbrain will sell its usual Famitsu DX Pack for the game. Priced ¥11,499, this includes a copy of the game, a B2 tapestry from Ufotable (the studio that does the game's animation), a set of six character clear files and two original artwork clear files, a Lulu stuffed animal (Lulu is main character Ludger's cat) and a "Tales of Friends x Famitsu" original mug cup.
Joining the Enterbrain Famitsu DX Pack, Namco Bandai's LaLaBit Market sales site will offer a ¥11,980 package that includes a box with calendar, and a couple of "Kyun-Kyara" SD style figures.
There's no special Xillia PS3 system this time, but Namco Bandai will release the Tales of Xillia 2 X Edition, which bundles a special Dual Shock with the game. This is priced ¥12,980.
Namco Bandai detailed some of its promotional plans for the game. These include:
- Coverage in this week's Jump and next week's Famitsu.
- A commercial during the 7/7 episode of Mechaike. This will be shared in advance on 7/6 to Tales Channel+ members.
- A Xilla 2 event will be held at Kotobukya in Akihabara on 8/18
- The Tales of Summer Festival event will be held at Kotobukiya Akihabara from 8/18 to 8/26.
- Tales of Xillia 2 in Namco Namja Town (a Namco run attraction in Ikebukuro) will be held from 10/20 to 12/2.
- A Tales of Xillia 2 Shop will open in Shinjuku Marui Onefrom 11/1 to 11/15. The shop will sell clothing, accessories and other items.
Outside of these promotional details, Tales producer Hideo Baba said that characters from the original will appear in Xillia 2. Baba did not mention specific characters, but the Jump leaks confirmed Alvin and Leia in new outfits.
For some reason, Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada interrupted the broadcast to complain having to pay for swimsuit download content in past Tales games.