Sega Shares Phantasy Star Online 2 Roadmap
Smartphone version due out this Winter; Vita version due out next Spring.
Phantasy Star Online 2's official service began today. But similar to most online games, Sega isn't done developing the game yet. Updates, and all new versions, will follow.
Sega shared a detailed roadmap today outlining upcoming plans for the game. You can view the full roadmap here.
Major events includes:
- First Update (in mid July)
- Adds a new field, a new enemy, two new bosses, new drop items, and interrupt events.
- Fashion Update (Summer)
- Adds new costumes, parts, hair styles, accessories, voices and lobby actions.
- Summer Mid Size Update
- Adds new fields, enemies, bosses, interrupt events, kinkyuu quests, story quests, fashion updates and event lobby.
- First Major Update (This Fall)
- Adds three new classes, five new weapon categories, new photon arts and techniques, a very hard mode, class level unlocked to 50, a variety of rare enemies and bosses, and new interrupt events and kinkyuu events.
- Fall Mid Size Update (Fall)
- Adds new fields, enemies, bosses, interrupt events, and story quests. Also adds new systems, a fashion update and event lobby.
- Smartphone Service Starts (This Winter)
- Second Major Update (This Winter)
- Adds new large bosses, new fields, new systems, a fashion update and event lobby.
- PlayStation Vita Service Starts (Next Spring)
The Smartphone and Vita versions of the game will have their own beta tests, Sega also said today.