These Were the Top Games of October
In its second month of release, Pokemon outsells its nearest competitor two to one.
Pokemon Black & White wasn't released in October. But it still had enough kick to top the October monthly sales chart. It even sold twice as may copies as the month's second best selling game.
Here's the top 10 for October according to Entebrain sales data, as passed along yesterday by Famitsu.com. The tracking period for the month was September 27 through October 31.
- 1. Pokemon Black & White (Pokemon, DS): 886,845 (released 9/18, total 4,296,302)
- 2. Super Mario Collection Special Pack (Nintendo, Wii): 403,166 (released 10/21)
- 3. God Eater Burst (Namco Bandai, PSP): 267,178 (released 10/28)
- 4. Winning Eleven 2011 (Konami, PS3): 229,076 (released 10/28)
- 5. K-On: After School Live (Sega, PSP): 219,393 (released 9/30)
- 6. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (Square Enix, DS): 183,883 (released 10/7)
- 7. Kirby's Epic Yarn (Nintendo, Wii): 173,107 (released 10/14)
- 8. Macross F Hybrid Pack (Namco Bandai, PS3): 162,178 (released 10/7)
- 9. Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii): 127,399 (released 7/8, total 1,098,405)
- 10. Lord of Arcana (Square Enix, PSP): 126,199 (released 10/14)
Outside of Wii Party and Pokemon, all the games in this month's chart were new releases. Wii Party crossed the million mark over the month.
For weekly sales data from Media Create, check the andriasang.com release calendar every Friday.