What Does 5pb.'s New Name "Mages" Mean?
Plus, find out where you can meet CEO Chiyomaru Shikura!
The last time I passed along the details from Chiyomaru Shikura's periodic live webcast based off posts at My Game News Flash and Hachimaki, I got blasted for posting unverified and probably false information.
Well I'm going to do it again, so nya nya nya!
Here's what current 5pb. CEO and soon-to-be Mages CEO Chiyomaru Shikura said during a recent live webcast, as passed along at My Game News Flash and Hachimaki, both of which got the information off 2channel I presume.
1. 5pb. has PS3 dev kits and licenses from Sony. (Unless I'm missing something here, this shouldn't be a surprise, considering they've already announced Dunamis 15 for both PS3 and Xbox 360.)
2. Shikura says that he won't make an adventure game on Kinect.
3. The name for "Mages," the new company that will be formed when 5pb. is merged into its parent company AG-One (see this story for details) stands for "Music, Anime, Games, Events, and... I think School?
4. The name 5pb. will live on it seems, as Shikura said that Robotics:notes, the next title in the series that includes Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head will be released under the 5pb. brand.
5. 5pb., or Mages, will be giving its anime business a big push from here on out.
That's Shikura up there at the top of this article. Yes, he is among the cuter CEOs in the video game business. He's even cuter than Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata (who probably won't look so cute when Nintendo releases its earnings report later today.)
Would you like to meet Shikura in person? You won't have to travel to Japan! In a Twitter back-and-forth with Imageepoch CEO Ryoei Mikage yesterday, Shikura revealed that he'll be traveling to America for E3. He expects to arrive in LA around June 7 or so.
Mikage will also be around, so be on the lookout for the CEOs of two of Japan's top small scale publishers.
Additional Images (Total 8 Images, Use click action to expand)