Wii U Hardware Specs
Here are the hardware specs for Nintendo's new Wii U system via Nintendo's E3 portal site.
In the below specs, please note two things:
- 46mm x 172mm x 268mm
- New Controller
- 6.2 inch, 16x9 touch screen. Rechargeable. Includes power button, two slide pads, Home button, d-pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons, ZL/ZR buttons, accelerometer, gyro sensor, rumble feature, camera, mic, speaker, sensor, touch pen.
- Other Controllers
- Wiimote (or Wiimote plus) -- can have up to four connected simultaneously. Compatible with all Wii controller and input devices, including Balance Wii Board, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro and Nunchuck.
- Uses 12cm high density optical disc meant for the new hardware. Can also use Wii 12cm optical discs. (Note: there is no mention about the capacity of the new discs.)
- Video Output
- 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i. Compatible with HDMI, component, D, S-video and composite cables.
- Audio Output
- Can output PCM linear 6ch from AV multi out or HDMI
- In addition to built-in flash memory, memory can be expanded through SD card and external USB drives
- Multi core processor based off IBM Power series
- Includes 4 USB2.0 ports. Backwards compatible with Wii games.
コントローラには6.2インチ液晶を搭載！ 『Wii U（ユー）』画像とスペックを公開【E3 2011】 / 2011-06-08 / Famitsu.com