Toshihiro Nagoshi Shares a Few Yakuza 5 Details
Plus, who sleeps with Japan's darkest producer?
Yakuza series creator Toshihiro Nagoshi held his latest "Nagonama" live broadcast on Nico Nico Video earlier today. During the broadcast, Nagoshi shared a few teaser bits about Yakuza 5, and also answered some personal questions.
I didn't get a chance to watch the broadcast for myself, but here's a summary of a summary that's been going around on all the Japanese blogs.
- The setting of Yakuza 5 will be Kamurocho along with another city. Current candidates include Sapporo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka.
- Nagoshi would not share the playable character count, nor would commit to the game being either single hero or multi hero.
- They've not yet decided if they'll have hostess auditions for the game's hostess component.
- Nagoshi says that it's unthinkable to have a Yakuza game without main character Kazuma Kiryu. He views Kiryu as Mario-like for the series.
- Nagoshi really wants to make a "chapter zero" like entry which is set in the past of the Tojo Clan.
Moving on to personal matters, Nagoshi revealed that his favorite vegetable is tomato, his favorite candy is gummy, and that his cat sleeps with him (pics of his cat here!).
It also looks like Nagoshi may have a singing voice. He was the vocalist in a band during his college year, loves karaoke, and says that he has confidence in his singing ability -- he's never been told that he's not good.