New Monster Hunter 4 Details
New weapons, but no water segments for new numbered MH game.
Capcom provided us with plenty of Monster Hunter 4 footage in last week's trailer, but little in the way of details. This week's Famitsu comes to the rescue with a huge blowout on the game containing first specifics about how this new numbered MH game will play.
Here's a bit of what's leaking out from this week's issue:
- The game will not have water segments (water was one of MH3's big features)
- There will be some new elements surrounding Felynes. You'll once again be able to take two Felynes out with you on hunts.
- The game will have new weapons, but these are being kept secret for now. It will also have new armor designs.
- The game's story with the greatest number of NPCs in series history.
- Monsters will make use of the land formations.
- Under certain conditions, you'll be able to grab on to the monsters. (I'm not sure if this means you'll be able to ride the monsters or just latch on to them for attacking.)
- You'll be able to make use of hight differences in the stages to perform jump attacks.
- The game will have a free camera.
- Rather than a fixed base camp like past Monster Hunter games, your base camp will now move -- somewhat like a caravan.
The magazine's information box lists the game as supporting 1 to 4 players, with support for local play (this may not necessarily mean no online play, although local play would be the norm for portable entries in the series). Ryozo Tsujimoto is listed as producer, with Kaname Fujioka listed as director.
A big reveal in Famitsu hopefully means a big reveal at the official site later this week... or at least some screenshots at Famitsu.com.